HR Service Delivery and Technology Survey – 2013

A survey was conducted by Towers Watson which provides interesting insights with implications in the Indian context too.

Watson Towers  - Who or what is?: Towers Watson is a leading global professional services company that helps organizations improve performance through effective people, risk and financial management.

Each year, Towers Watson explores the changing landscape of HR service delivery and technology around the world through a comprehensive study of trends, strategies, tactics and tools.  Towers Watson’s 2013 HR Service Delivery and Technology Survey was fielded between the first week of January 2013 and the first week of March 2013. In total, 1,025 respondents from 32 countries participated. Roughly 42% of the survey sample was from the Asia Pacific region, including a very large sample from China. North America, Europe, the Middle East and Africa accounted for the remaining 58% of the survey respondents.

  • About half of the responses came from multinational organizations.
  • Two-thirds of the responses came from organizations with more than 5,000 employees.
  • The survey responses came from a broad cross section of industries, with the largest number concentrated in the manufacturing sector, followed by financial services, IT and telecom, professional services, and retail.

What the survey predicts at a glance –

  • What are the four key themes that HR service delivery and technology professionals need to consider in 2013 and 2014?
  • How is technology affecting the role of the HR professional in large organizations?
  • What are the next steps HR leaders should consider when planning their 2014 budgets?

The attached report explores each of these areas in detail, organized by four key themes that arose from this year’s research. Leading organizations see 2013/2014 as the moment to:

  • Reexamine HR structure. Many organizations see new opportunities to increase HR’s strategic contributions to the business and leverage resources across the function to achieve greater efficiency and contain costs.
  • Consider new technologies. Savvy companies are investing in technologies that provide the greatest near-term innovations and advances in service delivery as well as exploring the newer technologies on today’s horizon.
  • Analyze and change HR processes. New technologies are only as good as the processes that guide them. To achieve high performance, HR must also take advantage of current opportunities to rethink and redesign its business processes.
  • Extend manager self-service. Managers are HR’s able allies in delivering and improving HR processes and expanding your company’s offerings globally. Leading organizations give managers the tools they need to support employee engagement.

Click on this link for the detailed HR Survey Report 2013

Courtesy: Towers Watson. – Also available at this website is the survey report for the year 2012

Twitter Digg Delicious Stumbleupon Technorati Facebook

No comments yet... Be the first to leave a reply!